A SOUL ENCOUNTER RETREAT: Responding to Jesus’ Great Invitation.
Kansas City: Savior Pastoral Center Retreat & Conference Center (only 30 minutes from the MCI airport!)
This Soul Encounter getaway is an all-day retreat going from early morning (9 am) through lunch & dinner (8 pm) on Saturday, April 4, 2020. The retreat has a consistent rhythm of communal, experiential learning followed by individual communion with God and time to process afterward.
The Father has given Me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I’m not keeping it to Myself; I’m ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen. Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. Jesus of Nazareth (Matthew 11: 27-30 MsgB)
I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. Jesus of Nazareth (John 10:10 MsgB)
TIMETABLE & OVERVIEW – SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2020
- 8:00 am – Arrival & Check-In
- 9:00 am – Session I: There Must Be More.
- Group Discussion
- 10:30 am – Time with God
- Noon – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Session II: Come to the Quiet.
- Group Discussion
- 3:00 pm – Time with God
- 5:00 pm – Dinner
- 6:30 pm – Session III: Caring for Your Soul.
- 7:30 pm Group Reflection & Closing Prayer
- 8 pm – Dismiss
The goals of this retreat are to:
- Introduce you to the Great Invitation of Jesus (Matthew 11: 28-30) and the biblical call to “Come, be still, and know that God is God” (Psalm 46:10).
- Introduce you to the spiritual disciplines of Silence, Solitude, Retreat & Rest.
- Introduce you to three spiritual formation tools: Breath/Centering Prayer, Lectio Divina, and the Examen.
- Encourage you to practice what you’ve experienced and prayerfully consider going deeper.
How will I know if attending a Soul Encounter retreat is for me?
Maybe you recognize yourself in one of the following statements:
- I feel like I’ve been at a plateau for a while. What new frontiers might God inviting me to explore?
- I’ve heard of spiritual disciplines, but I really don’t know how to make sense of them for my life.
- I would like to grow in my ability to notice God in my everyday life.
- I would like to know God better. I feel like I am at a stand-still in relating to Him.
- I want to grow spiritually. What might be a few next steps?
- I can’t see where I am in relation to God. I can’t see where I am headed.
- My spiritual life doesn’t seem to work the way it used to. What is going on?
- I would like to explore the intersection between my personal, spiritual life and my life of relationships and responsibilities.
Don’t delay. Registration is limited to 18-24 registrants. A $50 deposit is required to hold your retreat registration. More details will come your way after you start your registration process. Click on the icon below!
$129 per person for your one-day Soul Encounter retreat: 9 am to 8 pm. Your payment includes:
- Two meals (Sat lunch & dinner) and refreshments throughout the day.
- Retreat materials & ideas for “what’s next?” after the retreat.
- A healthy balance of interactive teaching, group discussions, and guided times with God.
- A new rhythm of life.
Come make room for your soul with Marty & Sandy Boller, long-time pastors & spiritual directors, through Soul Encounter, a retreat designed to explore and embrace the relationship that God desires to have with you. Questions? Contact Marty & Sandy Boller